Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Big Oooops!

What’s that old aphorism about the bluebird of happiness being in our own backyard? Well, I missed my own bluebird yesterday. In the midst of all the web connecting and Dakar family hugging and kissing that was going on, I failed to make good on a promise to call my brother Doug…my very own big brother, whom I adore!

Doug and Karen, my off-the- chart wonderful sister-in-law, are in the very late stages of preparing to move from Kansas City to Colorado. Today, the money was handed over, which is the point of no return.

On Friday, the radically downsized Blackwoods head west after 10 years + in KC. While this is not their first move, nor is it even their third or fifth in nearly four decades of being a family, it’s big. Moving is big whenever it happens and whatever the change.

And I forgot to call. I’m so sorry I let you guys down.

Here’s my shout out to Doug and Karen: Good luck! Drive safely. Make cookies to make friends. Senegal à Denver = 6 hours! Be happy in your new home.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment