Saturday, July 3, 2010

Flipped!

It’s never too late to learn. I sincerely believe that, even if learning is not as easy later in life as it is earlier. RAM is full. The new information gets stored in less accessible spots of the brain, so the time required for retrieval and recall is longer…even if it’s a nanosecond, it’s time I’d prefer to not be wasting. For instance, learning French…well, we’ve been through my tribulations with French…let’s put it in a category simply titled “Proof That Learning May Be a Challenge”.

But today, I not only learned something new. And I learned it quickly and had a finished product 20 minutes later. I shot my first Flip Video. I made a 2:18 movie of Nathalie talking about the importance of kidney transplantation as a treatment modality in Africa. We recorded, titled the film, added the credits and sent it to Switzerland. Twenty minutes, including the transmission time, which with a weak wireless signal was the longest part of the process.

The image is crisp. The sound is good. The content is excellent, although admittedly, I had little to do with that. And now I understand why the world is over-populated with well-meaning people who think they want to make movies. It’s so easy!!!

And when I figure out how to add a video to my blog, I’ll share my little film with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment