Saturday, July 10, 2010

GSD!

This day was a 10!

Wasn’t because of the breezy, moderate, humidity-free, totally comfortable day, although those would have been wonderful reasons to call it a great day. Wasn’t because of the lovely lunch, although Ieta and Suzette fixed a pretty good one. It wasn’t because Seal said “bonjour” and “voila” and “Fany,” which is his version of Ste-fany, although that would have been good enough for me.

Today, we Got Stuff Done! GSD!!! We finished a grant proposal for our solar energy equipment and installation. We wrote a kick-ass presentation for the foundation board of directors that is meeting with us on 21 July. We completed a detailed revenue and expense project budget. And we met with a structural engineer who is providing us with independent estimates on the cost of the hospital construction. Oh yeah…and I provided the final copy rewrites and photos for the Hospital of Hope website, which should launch by the end of the month.

I like to be busy…perhaps not this busy…but I’m leaving on Monday for Poland, so what were the options? It’s comforting to know that my six months out of the formal-get-paid workforce hasn’t affected my ability to produce. That feels good. Also feels good to know that I’m leaving Nathalie with the materials she needs to move things to the next step.

It’s wonderful to work with someone who has the unfailing capacity to move projects to the next step. I know that when I return, we will have a new round of meetings and new prospects for helping us realize the dream of the Hospital of Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment